Seaweed for Climate Friendly Dairy Cows
BluGrass holds all IP to grow a special species of seaweed that reduces methane emission in cows by up to 90%, turning normal, polluting cows into climate friendly cows!
- Cows produce 400 litres of methane by burping every day
- The effect of methane on climate change is 25 X stronger than Co2
- BluGrass holds all IP to grow special seaweeds that reduces methane emission in cows by up to 90%
- Max 2% of this seaweed is added to conventional cattle feed
- No impact on scarce resources (arable land, fresh water etc.)
The activities of BluGrass in the coming year:
1. growing methane-reducing seaweeds in bulk
2. blending and testing of a special seaweed formula for dairy cows that can be added to cattle feed (max 2%)
3. measurement of methane emissions in cows, and performing transfer safety tests to ensure safety for animals and consumers.